Quality Legal Representation

Close to Home

  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Motor Vehicle Accidents
  4.  » What Do I Do If The Other Driver Is Uninsured Or Underinsured?

What Do I Do If The Other Driver Is Uninsured Or Underinsured?

In Pennsylvania, drivers are required to carry both no-fault coverage — which provides medical benefits — and liability insurance. However, just because it is required by law does not mean all drivers are insured. Even those who are insured may have only purchased the minimum — $15,000 per person and $30,000 per accident. If your car, truck or motorcycle accident caused serious injuries, $15,000 will not even begin to cover the lost wages and pain and suffering that results.

So, what are your rights if you are injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver? The answer depends largely on your own insurance policy.

We Will Find All Available Sources Of Compensation

At Ches-Mont Personal Injury Law Center, LLC, in Pottstown, we help motor vehicle accident victims maximize their compensation after being injured by uninsured or underinsured drivers. Attorney George Gerasimowicz has been representing accident victims throughout the tri-county area for over 40 years. Over the course of his career, he has seen it all. He knows how to identify, then maximize, every source of compensation.

When you come to our office, we will begin with an in-depth evaluation of your insurance policy, as well as the other driver’s policy, to determine all available opportunities for compensation. If you have stacked coverage, we will look at the insurance policies for other cars registered to you or other cars in your household. If there is coverage that provides you compensation after your accident — we will find it.

Don’t Be An Insurance Coverage Victim

If you were injured in an accident by an underinsured or uninsured motorist, it may be a struggle to get the compensation you need to treat your injuries, and make up for lost wages and pain and suffering.

If the other driver is uninsured, your only option is to collect compensation from your own insurance carrier. If the other driver is underinsured, you may also need to look to your own policy for compensation. One of the biggest mistakes people make is not purchasing uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage.

People often purchase hundreds of thousands of dollars in liability insurance but don’t buy any uninsured/underinsured coverage. Liability insurance provides coverage for the other driver — and protection for your assets — but it doesn’t reimburse you for your health care costs, lost wages, or pain and suffering. Why would you buy coverage for someone else and none for yourself?

Don’t be an insurance coverage victim. When purchasing insurance, do these three things:

  • Purchase uninsured/underinsured coverage
  • Make your uninsured/underinsured coverage equal to your liability insurance
  • Make it stackable on every vehicle in your household, including motorcycles or other insurable vehicles

Schedule Your Free Consultation

Getting compensation after an accident can be difficult if you or the other driver is underinsured. Working with an experienced motor vehicle accident lawyer is the best way to find all available sources of compensation. For help, call our office at 610-427-5828 or email us. Consultations are free, and cases are handled on a contingency basis.

We provide representation throughout Montgomery County and the Philadelphia area.